Building on Canadians’ love of tea, Starbucks Canada is continuing to drive innovation with the introduction of an exclusive new drink available on March 5. Introducing the Teavana Black Sesame Tea Latte. It’s the first addition to the popular Teavana Tea Latte line-up introduced in Canada last year.
Inspired by black sesame ice-cream and halva, the luxuriously smooth Black Sesame Tea Latte packs global appeal. The handcrafted drink features bold black tea steamed with milk* and a rich, black sesame sauce. The result is a subtly-sweet, nutty flavour profile. A signature black sesame praline, made with black sesame seeds and caramel bits, is sprinkled on top for a deliciously crunchy finish.
“We’ve harnessed the magic of black sesame to create a rich, nutty sauce to bring out its fullest flavour potential,” says Lindsay Maclachlan, director of food and beverage, Starbucks Canada.
“The subtly-sweet notes of black sesame pairs perfectly with our black tea to deliver a delicious drink that will appeal to customers interested in new ways to enjoy tea.”
The Teavana Tea Latte Line-Up
Last year, Canada was the first market in the world to introduce an innovative way to enjoy tea with the launch of Teavana Tea Lattes. The drinks are all handcrafted from finely-ground, premium whole tea leaves instead of tea brewed from a bag. The powdered leaves are blended with steamed milk and sweetened with cane sugar**. The result is a full tea flavour with a luxuriously smooth texture that’s been described as ‘cashmere’ or ‘a hug in a cup’.
The TeavanaTea Latte line-up now includes:
- BLACK TEA: Sourced from India, Kenya, & Sri Lanka; the flavour is bold and rich.
- MATCHA TEA: Sourced from Japan, China, and Korea; this new blend features subtle floral notes and a rich vegetal taste, with a sweet lingering finish.
- ROOIBOS TEA: Sourced from South Africa, this naturally caffeine-free herbal tea features a vanilla, honey-like aroma, with hints of caramel and malt for a slight sweetness.
- BLOSSOMING ROSE: Inspired by Japanese sakura tea, this drink delivers a true rose profile without being perfume-y. It pairs well with the natural red-hue of rooibos tea but can be added to black or matcha as well. The rose syrup is reminiscent of rose water with added rhubarb bitters and a hint of strawberry jam. Hibiscus crystals are sprinkled on top for a fabulous floral finish.
- BLACK SESAME (NEW): Starbucks new luxuriously smooth Black Sesame Tea Latte is a handcrafted blend of bold black tea steamed with milk* and a rich black sesame sauce to deliver a subtly-sweet, nutty flavour profile. A signature black sesame praline, made with black sesame seeds and caramel bits, is sprinkled on top for a deliciously crunchy finish.
*Black Sesame Tea Latte is customizable depending on dairy preferences.
**Each drink is completely customizable depending on dairy and sweetener preferences.