The Starbucks Rewards program was enhanced last year to make it easier and faster for members to earn free food, drinks and more from Starbucks. There are now more reasons than ever for customers to enroll and make the most of their visits, from easy ordering to Bonus Stars (and yes, free coffee!).
Here are the top reasons for customers to become a Starbucks Rewards member today:
- Get your favourite things for free: All Starbucks Rewards members begin earning Stars towards free Rewards from the day they join, bringing instant value to their membership.
- No time? No line: Using the Mobile Order & Pay feature on the Starbucks app, members can order their food or beverage items before arriving at the store, then pick up without waiting in line.
- New tiers on the block: A tiered Rewards structure offers more ways than ever to use Stars toward free items.
- Non-dairy delights: Members can use Stars to substitute a dairy alternative.
- Tumbling for tumblers: Members can redeem their Stars at participating stores for select merchandise and packaged coffee.
- Free refills: Take advantage of free same-day in-store refills of brewed coffee or tea – hot or iced!
- Birthday bonus: Starbucks Rewards members get a Birthday Reward to redeem for a food or drink item to celebrate their birthday.
- Collect Stars in the grocery aisle: Members can save their receipts to earn Stars by purchasing specially marked qualifying Starbucks® products.
- Keep an eye out for dozens of opportunities to earn additional Stars, including monthly Double Star Days, personalized offers, games and more!
The opening of Canada’s first Pickup store at Toronto’s Commerce Court is another way Starbucks is serving customers who love the order-ahead experience using Mobile Order & Pay. Unlike traditional Starbucks cafés, the Toronto Pickup store was uniquely designed for customers on-the-go.
Mobile Order & Pay on the Starbucks mobile app is the primary ordering and payment method for customers here, making the Pickup store a first-of-its-kind store experience, and only second in the world following New York City’s Penn Plaza.
How to become a Starbucks Rewards member
Customers can join the Starbucks Rewards program through the Starbucks mobile app or by registering a Starbucks Card at www.starbucks.ca/rewards. Customers may register multiple Starbucks Cards to their Starbucks Rewards account and will earn Stars for eligible purchases using a registered physical or digital Starbucks Card. Starbucks Rewards members can view and track their Star balance and available Rewards by using the Starbucks mobile app.
There’s no limit to the number of Rewards that can be earned, however, individual Stars do expire after six months. To see when Stars expire, open the Starbucks app, tap “Details” under your Star balance and scroll to the bottom for “Stars expiring soon.”
Some restrictions apply. Starbucks Rewards is available at participating stores. For full program details, visit www.starbucks.ca/rewards/terms.
Members must pay with their registered Starbucks Card (or registered Card in the mobile app) in order to earn Stars. Stars cannot be earned on purchases of alcohol, Starbucks Cards or Starbucks Card reloads.
Free food and beverage Rewards may be redeemed at participating stores and exclude alcoholic beverages and multi-serve items. Not all stores honour tiered Rewards.
To qualify for the Birthday Reward, you must have made at least one Star-earning transaction prior to your birthday each year using your registered Starbucks Card.
Free refills available during same in-store visit only.
Members can earn Stars for purchasing qualifying Starbucks® products at participating grocery locations by uploading a receipt at www.Starbucks-stars.ca. Excludes purchases made online or at Starbucks® stores. Terms and conditions apply. See www.Starbucks-stars.ca for receipt verification program details.