Starbucks Canada Moves to a “To Go” Model in All Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba Stores
Starbucks Canada confirmed today that company-operated stores in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba will move to a “to go” model. Customers will still be able to walk into Starbucks stores and order at the counter, order ahead through the Starbucks App and pick up in store, order at the Drive-Thru, and in select areas can also order Starbucks Delivers powered by Uber Eats. However, all seating will be temporarily paused or removed, including patio and outdoor areas.
The company continues to monitor and adjust operations to best support physical distancing especially if and where positive case counts are elevated. Starbucks has moved to a grab-and-go model in all of its company-operated stores in Quebec and Ontario company-operated locations.
Led by three guiding principles: to prioritize the health and well-being of its partners and customers; ground decisions in facts and science; and be in service to its communities, Starbucks safety precautions and protocols meet and often exceed the guidance of public health and government agencies to ensure its stores, its partners working in them, and its customers visiting them are safe. This includes:
- Partner Check-In Process: At the start of each shift, store partners will complete a check-in process, which includes taking their temperature to ensure they are ready and able to work.
- Extra cleaning protocols and precautions: We continue to observe elevated cleaning and sanitizing protocols to help prevent the spread of all germs in our stores.
- Plexi-shields: Plexi-shields are installed at the POS.
- Mandatory facial coverings: All partners and customers are required to wear facial coverings while in our stores.
- Store Signage: We’ve developed in-store signage to help customers maximize physical distancing.
Starbucks will continue to do its part to help curb the spread of COVID-19 in Canada and be flexible to adjust store operations as needed to help ensure the well-being of our partners and customers.
Please click here for an at-a-glance look at Starbucks precautionary measures.